Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills recognise that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your Personal Information. We know that providing Personal Information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
At Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills, our policy is to respect and protect the privacy of our users. You can be assured Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills will never disclose Personal Information (as defined below) to any third party for any purposes unless you have authorised disclosure. This means that your email address, your name and other personal details that you provide will not be given or sold to any other company for any reason. The only exceptions to this will be:
- where you have authorised disclosure
- if we are required by law to make the disclosure;
- we believe it is necessary to provide you with a service that you may have requested;
- to protect our rights or the rights of another Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills user; or
- to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health and safety.
Although Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills may share general information about our users with business partners, sponsors and other third parties, this data will be collated into aggregated measures, and will contain no details that could identify specific individuals.
If you have any queries about privacy and the use of Personal Information by Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills, please contact us.
The Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills will:
- comply with its obligations under the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld);
- ensure that access to Personal Information is restricted to those of its employees, officers and contractors who require access in order to perform their duties; and
- ensure that its employees, officers and contractors do not access, use or disclose Personal Information other than in the performance of their duties.
When you visit Essential Crew or Essential Screen Skills, our servers may automatically record information about your visit. The information that we collect is:
- your IP address
- your cookie ID (if enabled)
- the date and time of your visit to our site
- the date and time you left our site
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the type of browser you are using the type of operating system you are using
We do this to help us better understand what aspects of our services our users find the most useful and how to develop services for you in the future. This information also helps to ensure any advertising is more relevant to your interests.
Crew Members and Production Companies
If you become a Crew Member, Production Company, Industry Member, School or student user, we collect Personal Information about you in order to provide you with the full benefits. When you first register, we collect information from you directly and also from time to time thereafter if you provide us additional information. The mandatory information we collect includes:
- Email details
Once you have logged on, we keep a record of how you use the service.
Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
Your Personal Information will only ever be disclosed to a third party a party if:
- we are required by law to make the disclosure;
- to the extent necessary, to provide the service you have requested or to meet the purpose for which it was submitted;
- to protect our rights or the rights of another Essential Crew or Essential Screen Skills user;
- to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health and safety; or
- if we have informed you of a particular third party to whom it will be disclosed, at the time of collection.
Essential Crew and Essential Screen Skills will not, without your express consent:
- contact you;
- identify who your Personal Information belongs to;
- provide your contact details to anyone outside of our organisation; or
- transfer Personal Information outside of Australia.
Notification of Changes
If we are going to use your Personal Information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner.
In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a notice on our web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website www.privacy.gov.au.